Orthodontic Braces in London Waterloo
Do you need braces? Does the idea of getting train tracks braces put you off? Maybe you just can’t imagine what you may look like with traditional brace. Sometimes if you worry about how we might look with brace can hold you back from taking that dive towards a healthier, straighter smile. Braces can drastically improve the overall look of your teeth and give you the confidence that you need to smile again! Our orthodontic dentists in London Waterloo would be delighted to help create a new straighter teeth and smile for you. Our brace team offers all kinds of popular braces to adults and teenagers near and around Elephant and Castle and London Bridge – the most popular braces options include Damon brace, Ceramic fast brace, Invisalign brace, clear brace and lingual brace. We are conveniently located in London Waterloo, right next to the very busy Southwark Station.
Irrespective of you what you might look like for a short period of time, think about the long-term effect you will have by getting brace. Ultimately, you would want to be healthy and be confident. Crooked teeth are one of the reasons you should contemplate getting brace as it is hard to brush and floss misaligned teeth and it may affect your dental health. Plaque and bacteria may build up in those hard to reach areas, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
It’s common for someone to think twice before getting brace as they might be worried about how their appearance will be affected when wearing brace on their teeth. The team at Whites Dental understands the concerns some people might have about looking less attractive with brace. However, the truth about this is that most people looking at someone with brace do not see that person as being any less good-looking due to the orthodontic appliances they’re wearing. Attractiveness comes within and how you feel.
Here are a few tips you should consider if you are thinking of getting brace:
- Embrace your brace! Having brace is great – not because of the way they look or how they feel, but because of the end results they will give you. When you have brace, you are telling other people that you care about your appearance, and that you are trying to improve it. Remember that when your treatment is done, you will have a new beautiful straight smile.
- Considerer asking for another style of brace.If you really do not like the traditional brace that you’ve been offered, ask your orthodontist about different types of brace. Some of your options include:
- Ceramic Brace: they are similar in size as the traditional ones, except that the colour is different. They are coloured to look like your teeth, therefore less visible.
- Lingual Brace: they are located on the inside of your teeth so they will be hidden. Be conscious that they tend to be more uncomfortable at first, and they may hurt more.
- Invisalign: this is not a type of brace, they are invisible trays. They are custom-made mouth guards that will align your teeth over a set period of two years or more.
- Choose a colour that isn’t too showy.If you have traditional brace, think about the colour bands you would like to go for. Dodge bright colours such as orange, green, yellow red, light blue, purple, etc. Also try not to get clear bands as they tend to stain. Grey and silver are good- they will show the least and they won’t stain so easily. Don’t go for black, because it makes your teeth look yellow.
- Try to have fun with different colours. With time, you’ll get to know which colours look best on you.
- If you want to go with more than one colour, make sure they are in the same colour family (warm/cool) and that they do not clash with each other.
- Don’t be shy!Keep your head held high and have a smile on your face. A positive attitude and a friendly face will make you that much more attractive. Be authentically yourself – that’s what really matters.
Previously, an attractive smile has always been associated with beauty, success and status and this is still true today. If you catch a peek of the red carpet at an awards ceremony or scrutinise magazine adverts you will notice that the majority of film stars, singers and models all have perfect smiles. So, we don’t think brace are a turn off the question should be why are bad teeth such a turn-off? If you have misaligned, crooked, twisted or stained teeth or missing teeth, this can have a huge impact on your overall appearance and even the most stunning face can be dented by an unattractive smile.
Bad teeth can be linked with poor oral hygiene and a lack of self-confidence and self-respect, as well as impacting on self-esteem, which is a significant trait for many people when they are looking for a partner.
What can be done to improve your smile?
There are so many things that can be done by dentists serving patients to improve the aesthetic appeal of your smile, from brushing twice a day every day, to having cosmetic dental treatment. A healthy oral hygiene routine, which should include brushing for two minutes twice a day, flossing and using mouthwash, is key to healthy looking teeth and will help to prevent discolouration and oral health diseases. Cosmetic dental treatments, such as veneers, tooth whitening, cosmetic bonding and orthodontic treatment, can help to correct existing problems, including staining, chipped and crooked teeth and create a beautiful, natural smile.
If you’ve been delaying seeing an orthodontist because you’re worried about how others will perceive you when wearing brace, put those worries to rest. Today, it is very common to see people of all ages wearing a diversity of orthodontic treatment types ranging from traditional metal brace, to clear ceramic brace and Invisalign to improve their smile.
For many long years, the Whites dental team has been helping people from all age groups achieve and maintain more beautiful and confident smiles. With many advances made in orthodontic technology recently, today most brace are designed with aesthetics in mind. Don’t let an old misconception stop you from getting that new, beautiful straight smile you’ve always wanted. You can be remain pretty confident in the view that others won’t find you less attractive just because you are undertaking brace treatment. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation with one of our leading orthodontists.
If you would like to find more about brace or are considering getting them, why don’t you call us to book a free consultation? You will be able to discuss what you want with our friendly dental team and identify the braces option best suited to you. For more information on orthodontic brace,
visit our orthodontics homepage – https://www.whitesdental.co.uk/orthodontist-teeth-straightening-london-waterloo/
At Whites Dental, our orthodontic dentists provide a range of fixed orthodontic braces to adults and teenage patients in London – these include traditional metal braces, Damon braces, Lingual braces, fixed ceramic braces and Fastbraces. Our webpage provides information on whether braces are a turn off.