Cosmetic Dentist in London
How do you find a good cosmetic dentist in London Bridge?
Central London, particularly London Bridge, has a large number of cosmetic dentists. As a patient, how do you find a good cosmetic dentist in London Bridge? If you follow our guide below, you should be able to find a good cosmetic dentist near you –
- The best way to find a good cosmetic dentist is to ask your friends and family if they know one. If they have had a cosmetic procedure recently, they should be able to recommend a good cosmetic dentist to you in London. This is ideal in that you can get detailed feedback from them on the dentist and also the cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- If you are unable to get a recommendation for a cosmetic dentist from friends and family, then the other way is to get onto the internet and find one using Google. However, you need to be able to filter out the general dentists from the good cosmetic dentists.
- Identify 4-5 cosmetic dentists in London near you using Google. Once you have that list, go about researching each dental practice.
- Find out if the dentist is a general dentist or whether they concentrate on cosmetic dentistry. Dentists that focus on cosmetic dentistry usually tend to be more experienced and have better cosmetic dentistry skills. You can determine this in two ways – first see how well developed their website pages that are dedicated to cosmetic dentistry are. Dentists with well-developed cosmetic dentistry pages typically do more cosmetic treatments. Next look at their before and after images – the more before and after images they have for cosmetic dental procedures, the more likely it is they focus on cosmetic procedures.
- Once you have identified 2-3 dentists that focus on cosmetic dentistry, find out how experienced the dentists are – how long have the dentists been practising cosmetic dentistry? Age is often a good indicator of experience. Also, an experienced cosmetic dentist will typically have a vast portfolio of their cosmetic dentistry work highlighted on their site. Check out their before and after smile gallery to assess how experienced they are.
- Next, arrange an initial appointment with at least 2 cosmetic dentists. The purpose of the appointment is to determine what options the cosmetic dentist offers for your cosmetic needs and also to ascertain the level of ‘trust’ you can form with them. Some cosmetic dentists offer complementary consultations – this is ideal. However, check that the complementary consultation is with the actual cosmetic dentist, and not with a treatment coordinator.
- Ask the cosmetic dentist whether they use study models. All good cosmetic dentists create study models prior to undertaking treatment. A study model is essentially a mock-up of what your teeth are expected to look like after treatment. It enables you, the patient, to visually look at the expected results, suggest any changes and once you are happy –to then give the go-ahead to proceed. Ensure the dentist uses study models.
- On completion of the consultation, ask yourself – did you like the dentist and did you feel you can trust them and their experience? For major cosmetic treatments, it’s vitally important to find an experienced cosmetic dentist that you have trust and faith in.
- Finally, once you have all the information you need, see if the cost for the procedure fits your requirements. If yes, go ahead and create the smile you have always wanted.
Composite Bonding (or Dental Bonding as it is also sometimes called) is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure that is used to fix minor cosmetic teeth imperfections. A cosmetic dentist applies a composite resin material to the surface of a tooth to fix cosmetic issues in order to make the tooth more aesthetically pleasing to look at. The procedure is non-invasive and does not typically require drilling or needles. It is therefore reversible in nature. Composite bonding is usually used in situations where only minor repairs to the tooth are needed. It is often used to fix minor chips or gaps between teeth, fix cracks and uneven edges, providing excellent natural results – all on the same day.
Veneers come in two flavours – Porcelain Veneers and Composite Veneers. A Porcelain Veneer uses a thin porcelain shell that is bonded to the front of the tooth in order to change the shape, size, position and colour of the teeth. Porcelain Veneers are very popular and are commonly used to improve the size, shape and symmetry of the visible teeth (typically), thus helping to improve the look of your smile. They are used to hide minor teeth misalignment issues, mask deep tooth stains, mask tooth defects that may have occurred when the tooth was developing or potentially due to trauma to the tooth. Porcelain veneers typically last for many years when looked after well, providing a long lasting beautiful smile.
Composite Veneers are increasingly popular with our cosmetic patients. A composite veneer is similar to a porcelain veneer; the main difference being that instead of using a porcelain shell to cover the front tooth surface, a composite resin material is used. A composite veneer can often be made more quickly than a porcelain veneers and finished in just a few hours right at the dental practice. A porcelain veneer on the other hand takes longer to manufacture and apply. A composite veneers is often used to whiten the shade of a tooth, fix minor tooth misalignment issues in order to make your teeth look straighter, increase the size or change shape of your teeth and close the gap between two teeth. As compared to composite bonding, composite veneers are used typically where more extensive changes to the shape and size of the teeth is required.
Cosmetic Dentist Cost
Our cosmetic dentistry procedures costs are listed below. Our composite bonding and veneer costs are very competitive as can be seen in our cost table below
Your Smile, Our Passion
■ Leading Cosmetic Dentists – hundreds of happy cosmetic patients
■ Exceptional patient care and customer service
■ Full Smile Makeover specialists – Composite Bonding, Porcelain Veneers and full mouth rehab
Dr.Sarmite and Dr.Elliot are very experienced cosmetic dentists, with over 30 years of cosmetic dental experience between them.
Whites Dental provides Cosmetic Dentistry procedures to patients in Central London, especially around London Bridge, London Waterloo and Elephant and Castle. This webpage provides information on how to find a good cosmetic dentist in London Bridge. We are located in London Waterloo, next to Southwark Tube station. We are an under 10 minutes’ walk from Southbank, Elephant and Castle, Borough Market and London Bridge.