Chipped or abnormally shaped tooth? Spacing between teeth?
1. Composite Bonding can help fix small problems in a few teeth or even just one tooth. The procedure can transform the shape, shade and appearance of teeth – all on the same day. It is a minimally invasive process that improves teeth shape by the addition of a tooth coloured composite, which is then ‘bonded’ to the natural tooth. The composite is hand sculpted by the dentist to achieve the desired shape to create a natural looking tooth. A vast range of shades are available to help match tooth colour perfectly.
Discoloured or worn out teeth? Crooked teeth?
1. Composite Veneers could be a good option. A composite resin is sculpted directly onto the teeth to produce beautiful results. The process is similar to Composite Bonding, however, its used for more extensive reshaping of the teeth. Composite Veneers are carefully sculpted and hardened by the dentist – typically in a single appointment. They are less invasive, do less damage to the underlying tooth and are more cost effective than Porcelain Veneers.
2. Porcelain Veneers use thin, custom-made shells of tooth-coloured porcelain bonded to the surface of the tooth. They can be a good option in certain circumstances – e.g. deep staining or minor teeth misalignment which is difficult to mask with composites. If you have minor misalignment in your teeth, Porcelain Veneers can reshape your teeth and make them look perfectly straight — no braces required. They are typically longer lasting and more durable than Composite Veneers.
Looking specifically for a smile makeover?
1. A combination of Composite Veneers and Composite Bonding can fix chips, cracks, gaps and create beautiful smile makeovers without damaging the underlying tooth structures. Usually 4-6 Composite Veneers are done to the front teeth to produce the smile makeover. No drills and also no massive bills.
2. Porcelain Veneers are commonly used for smile makeovers, where all the visible teeth are fitted with Porcelain Veneers to give a balanced, uniform, white tooth smile that extends to the sides of the mouth. Porcelain Veneers give good long term stable results for colour and shape.
1. Composite Bonding is the process of applying a composite material or resin to the tooth to make it look more aesthetic. The procedure is typically reserved for situations where only minor chips or repairs are required. Subtle changes to the length and shape of the tooth can be made.
2. The procedure requires no needles or drills and is reversible. Results are typically same day.
3. The procedure is often used when natural teeth are a little crooked, not as white, chipped or cracked.
1. Composite Veneers work by covering the complete front surface of the tooth structure with composite material, enabling larger changes in tooth shape and form to take place.
2. Composites are quick – they can often be made and finished in a few hours. They are also relatively less expensive and produce very life-like and beautiful results. A full smile makeover can cost a lot less than Porcelain Veneers. Composite Veneers can be a great cosmetic alternative to porcelain.
3. Composite Veneers can be used to whiten a tooth’s shade, make teeth appear more straight and aligned, increase tooth size, and also to close gaps between teeth where more extensive work is required compared to Composite Bonding.
1. A Porcelain Veneer uses a thin, layered shell of porcelain bonded to the front face of the teeth to change their shape, colour, size and position. The procedure involves preparing the tooth structure, it is therefore irreversible. It can take a number of appointments and up to three weeks to complete.
2. Minor teeth misalignments can be camouflaged using Porcelain Veneers. They can also be used to mask defects or deep stains that may have occurred as the tooth developed or as a result of trauma. Similarly if the underlying enamel has been damaged, Porcelain Veneers can be used to improve the appearance shape and symmetry of your tooth and smile.
3. Porcelain Veneers if looked after well can last for longer, leaving a stunning long lasting smile. They look very natural and do not stain easily.
|Composite Bonding||from £250|
|Composite Veneers||from £600|
|Porcelain Veneers||from £600|
Whites Dental provides Composite Bonding and Veneers to patients within our vicinity. We are conveniently located in Waterloo SE1, adjacent to Southwark Tube station. We are an under 10mins walk from Waterloo, London Bridge, Southbank, Borough and Southbank. Please visit our homepage at www.whitesdental.co.uk for more details about our dental implants and dentures service.