Straighten Your Teeth Discreetly using Invisalign Braces
Straighten your teeth with a series of almost completely invisible aligners from Invisalign, one of the most popular teeth straightening systems in the world. By using a series of removable, clear teeth straightening aligners, Invisalign straightens the teeth in a very convenient and comfortable way. Removable clear aligners enable you to drink and eat as normal, without others being able to notice that you are wearing teeth straightening aligners.
Removable clear aligners are relatively new; they are generally used for correcting mild to moderate teeth misalignment issues. ‘Invisible’ aligners as they are also sometimes called (they look virtually invisible) are arguably one of the highest profile orthodontic braces currently available, with widespread coverage in the media and on television. Invisalign braces are made of thin flexible clear plastic impressions of your teeth, very similar to mouth-guards, and fit closely over your teeth. A series of invisible aligners move the teeth ever so slightly, week after week, into their desired position. Each invisible aligner moves the teeth just a small amount towards the final position before the next invisible aligner in the series moves the teeth further towards their desired final. Invisalign braces need to be worn all the time, both night and day; however they need to be removed during meals while eating. Invisalign braces are very well suited to adults whose life-style and work commitments make it inconvenient and difficult to wear traditional metal braces.
Once you have had a consultation with one of our Invisalign dentists and they have determined that Invisalign is the right treatment for you, the Invisalign process can begin. It has a number of steps –
- First, our orthodontist will do a full dental exam to check the health of your teeth and gums. The Invisalign process requires you to have healthy teeth and gums at the start of the treatment and also during the entire Invisalign process. As part of this, they will take x-rays of your teeth.
- The orthodontist will then take digital impressions of your teeth using the latest 3D digital technology. These impressions will be used to create a 3-D image of your teeth, to map out the exact movements of your teeth that’s required.
- The orthodontist will then send the impressions to Invisalign to make a series of customized aligner from virtually invisible plastic. Once the aligners come back from Invisalign, the othodontist will give the first few set to you to wear.
- You will need to wear the aligner for 20 to 22 hours a day, throughout the course of the treatment. You will need to remove the Invisalign aligners or braces while eating and brushing.
- You will need to visit our orthodontist every six weeks or so to ensure your teeth are moving as expected.
- Once your teeth have moved to the final positions, you will need to wear retainers to prevent them moving back to their original starting positions.
|Six Month Smiles
Exceptional Dental Care
At Whites Dental, we try very hard to provide every patient with exceptional dental care and customer service. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile to exceed the expectation of every single patient.
Our dentists, Dr. Magda and Dr. Xenia are very experienced dentists, with over 20 years of dental experience between the two of them. They go to great lengths to leave you with a happy smile at the end of your treatment with us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment is an alternative to traditional fixed braces. The Invisalign system corrects teeth alignment problems using a series of clear plastic aligners or straighteners that move teeth slowly and gently to the desired final position. At Whites Dental, our orthodontists will plan your tooth movements in the minutest of detail and provide you with a series of Invisalign aligners over the course of your treatment. Each set of Invisalign aligners needs to be worn for two weeks, following which we will give you the next set of aligners in the series. Each Invisalign aligner moves the teeth by a tiny amount, till all the aligners have been used up, leaving you with a straight beautiful smile.
How do I know whether I need Invisalign treatment?
If you have misaligned, uneven or crowded teeth, you may wish to straighten your teeth. A dentist may also perhaps recommend teeth straightening for oral health issues. A number of different orthodontic options exist in order to straighten your teeth, including fixed metal braces and invisible clear aligners. Invisalign braces are a discreet and convenient way to straighten your teeth and could potentially be the best teeth straightening solution for you. Although the principle behind Invisalign braces is the same as those for traditional fixed metal braces, Invisalign has a number of advantages vs. traditional metal braces –
- Invisalign braces are discreet, they are barely noticeable. Fixed braces are not that discreet.
- Invisalign braces are removable, therefore easier to clean. You can also leave them out for really important events such as key job interview or a really important date
- No metal in Invisalign leads to less irritation to the tongue, lips and gums
Invisalign vs. traditional metal braces – how do they compare?
Traditional fixed metal braces typically consist of metal brackets glued to the front surface of the teeth, tied to one another using metal wires and tiny rubber bands. Invisalign aligners on the other hand are made of almost invisible clear plastic braces designed to be virtually invisible. Invisalign braces are made of a clear, smooth, comfortable plastic that’s worn over your teeth to subtly and gently move your teeth to their desired final position. Both traditional fixed metal braces and Invisalign can straighten your teeth, however, each has its advantages and disadvantages. Read more regarding ‘Braces vs. Invisalign’ in our blog article – our blog link is at the bottom of this page.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Invisalign treatment cost varies from case to case. The cost is largely dependent on the complexity of the problems – how misaligned or crowded your teeth are at the start of the treatment and how much movement you desire. The amount of teeth movement that’s required determines the number of aligners that are needed to complete your treatment. For simpler teeth straightening cases, Invisalign may cost between £1,500 to £2,000. For more complex Invisalign cases, Invisalign may cost £3,500 to £4,000. To obtain a more accurate estimate of the cost of Invisalign treatment for yourself, why not book a consultation with our Invisalign specialists; our Invisalign consultations are completely free. Our orthodontist will do a thorough assessment of your teeth straightening needs and provide you with an accurate cost in less than 30 minutes.
Where can I find Invisalign before and after results?
Invisalign before and after results can be found on our webpage dedicated to Invisalign. The link can be found in our main menu at the top of the page.
Whites Dental provides Invisalign process details to patients looking to ascertain whether Invisalign is the correct treatment for their needs. We are located in London Waterloo, near to London Bridge. We are based adjacent to Southwark Tube near Waterloo station. We are a 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from Elephant and Castle, Borough, London Bridge and Southbank.